Adding a 'Form' widget into one of your scenarios can be done in 2 steps:
- Create a form
- Add it into the scenario
Create a form
Go into the 'Forms' section in the Dashboard menu.
Click on the 'Create a form' button.
Give your form a name. This will be the name that you'll see in the list of forms added to the side of your scenario.
For the form fields, choose a lable, type and variable name.
- The label is the title of the form that will be shown to a users. Make sure that this clearly tells your readers that they need to fill out a form.
- The type relates to the data format options: text, multi-line text, date, email or password.
- The variable name is the name of the place where all of your collected data will be stored and retrieved by your development team. These variable names are usually a single word, in english, without spaces or special characters. For example, for someone's date of birth, you could use 'birthdate'. These variable names need to be shared between your technical team. If a variable name isn't added, Poool will automatically use the field name.
Add in the number of necessary fields by clicking on 'Add a new field'.
You'll see that you can have a maximum of 6 fields. This is to ensure that the user experience isn't effected. If you really need to add in a longer form, it is perhaps better to use our other widget 'Discovery URL' which will allow you to take the reader to a landing page dedicated to your form.
Click on the 'Create' button.
Your form will be added to the list of forms in the corresponding section.
NB: if the 'Create' button is still grey, it's because you forgot to fill out one of the form fields.
Concerning inputting data
- The fields are optional (we are working on the settings regarding the optionality/necessity of each field)
- The email and date fields are inspected before being sent to the form. For the others, everything is set up so that you can create your own controls.
Add your form into a scenario
Go into the Scenario section and open up the relevant scenario.
The form widget is available in the list of widgets to the right hand side of the page.
Drag and drop this widget into the action list that you have created.
The setting's pop-up for this form will now appear.
As with every action, you will be able to add in the name of the widget and fill out all of the settings, such as having a login button or not, switching to a different group or not as well as the widget texts. You can also choose which form (out of the forms you've made) you'd like to use. For example:
Concerning data collecting
PLEASE NOTE: don't forget to make your texts into 'RGPD' for the Form widget. In order to do this, go into the Messages section of the Dashboard to edit the default texts for this widget (which will be applied to all the Form widgets). You can also configure specific texts for each widget (according to what you're going to use the data for) in the advanced options of each form widget.
Click on the 'Create' button.
Your widget will now be added to your scenario.
Don't forget to update your scenario so as to save the changes made.
Your Form widget has now been created and added into your scenario.
Your readers will now be able to see this, fill it in and, thanks to this action, unlock the article that they wish to read. In order to collect the data from these forms, you will need to carry out some technical steps which are explained in this article.
If you have any doubts or questions, don't hesitate to send us a message via Intercom messenger.